I love food that looks good and tastes good. Good food people say that good food should include as many senses as possible. I may have butchered that quote and the source, but you know what I mean. If the smell, sight, taste, company is good, food is even more enjoyable. That’s what’s great about the Green and Purple Salad. Oh and one more thing, it is GOOD FOR YOU. And if you are VEGAN, go ahead and omit the cheese and it is VEGAN FRIENDLY!
Here’s the thing. I came up with this recipe on a whim, chopped it up and served it to my family. By the time it was gone, I didn’t have the chance to take a mouth-watering, finished “I’m ready for Pinterest Photo” so the above will have to suffice. Needless to say, it is DELISH! Some people might call it a relish or salsa due to the small chops. Call it what you like, It’s good. Good in the hood.
NOW HERE’S THE GREEN AND PURPLE SALAD RECIPE
- 2-3 cups finely chopped spinach
- 1 green apple chopped (leave skins on if you like!)
- 1/2-1 cup purple grapes cut in half. Here’s a sweet trick for cutting lots of grapes in half all at once!
- 2 T minced red onion (adjust this up or down depending on your onion sensitivity!)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- Raspberry or strawberry vinaigrette of your choice. (sweet and tart is what we’re going for)
Play with proportions as you like!!
This is important—Combine all ingredients, but DO NOT add dressing until you are ready to serve. The salad will become soggy if it sits too long in dressing.
Serve, enjoy, and someday I want to make my own vinaigrette. Homemade is amazing. Some day!!